Orthopedic Surgeon in Gallatin, TN
Do you feel stiffness, joint discomfort, numbness, or weakness? Orthopedic surgeons help with the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal problems. For more information, contact us or book an appointment online. We are located at 570 Hartsville Pike, Gallatin, TN 37066.
Table of Contents:
What questions should I ask an orthopedic surgeon?
How do I prepare for an orthopedic appointment?
What should I expect visiting an orthopedic surgeon?
What is the difference between an orthopedic doctor and an orthopedic surgeon?
An orthopedic surgeon is a medical professional who specializes in the diagnosis, treatment, and management of disorders related to the musculoskeletal system. This includes treating conditions like fractures, chronic diseases, infections, and tumors of the bones, spine, joints and muscles. Orthopedic surgeons may also conduct joint replacement surgeries and perform arthroscopic procedures to diagnose and treat a variety of conditions. Orthopedic surgeons have extensive knowledge of anatomy and physiology and may perform hundreds of surgeries a year.
When meeting with an orthopedic surgeon, there are sure to be many questions ringing in your mind. Knowing what to ask is important, but for many, this is completely new information. Thankfully, these questions can serve as a guideline when meeting with your orthopedic surgeon:
– What do I need for my appointment?
– When do I truly need surgery?
– Is it possible that I might need to undergo a second surgery?
– How long will I be in recovery?
– Will I feel anything during surgery?
– How will my post-op pain be managed?
– What kind of physical therapy will I need?
– How should I plan to care for myself at home?
– Will I need help at home during my recovery?
– How many of these procedures do you perform per year?
– Where will you perform the surgery?
– How does the hospital rate?
– Should I get a second opinion?
– When can I resume my normal activities?
There are several things you can do to prepare for an orthopedic appointment, including:
Bring Documents: Bring along all of the necessary medical documents you have regarding your condition.
Explain Your Pain: Describe your pain and other symptoms using descriptive words; these adjectives can help the orthopedic surgeon better understand your condition.
Prepare Your Questions: Bring a list of questions you would like to ask the orthopedic surgeon, using the questions above as a guideline.
Orthopedists treat a variety of musculoskeletal disorders. Many of these physicians practice general orthopedics, however, some specialize in a specific area of medicine, which might include any of the following specialties:
– Arthritis and osteoarthritis
– Ankle, Achilles tendon, bunions, and foot surgery
– Back and spine surgery
– Hand and wrist surgery
– Hip injuries and replacement
– Injury and fracture care
– Joint replacement
– Pain management
– Physical and Occupational Therapy
– Shoulder injuries and replacement
– Sports medicine
Your visit can vary depending on what your orthopedic surgeon’s specialization is. However, when developing a treatment plan for your orthopedic condition, most specialists will take a team approach. They may consult with other professionals including your primary care doctor, pain specialists, neurologists and chiropractors.
An orthopedic doctor is an orthopedist, a practitioner of the branch of medicine that deals with the correction of abnormalities with the muscles and bones. These medical professionals diagnose any issues related to the musculoskeletal system of the body (the bones and muscles, as well as other soft tissues such as ligaments, tendons and cartilage). Some of the treatments that orthopedic doctors can provide include braces, splints and casts; they can also reset bones when necessary.
An orthopedic surgeon can provide all of the same services and level of care as an orthopedic doctor, but they are also qualified to perform surgery as well. While orthopedic surgeons will always try to treat an injury or condition with noninvasive therapies first, if these methods fail, they can treat and resolve any musculoskeletal issues which require surgical intervention.
At Southern Sports Medicine Institute, we can help you heal better. Call us today to book an appointment with our orthopedic surgeon, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 570 Hartsville Pike, Gallatin, TN 37066. We look forward to serving you! We serve patients from Gallatin TN, Nashville TN, Cottontown TN, Castalian Springs TN, LaGuardo TN, Graball TN, and surrounding areas.
Additional Services You May Like
- Outpatient Knee Replacement Therapy
- Shoulder Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair Surgery
- Labral/Ligament Repairs
- Computer Navigated Knee Repair Surgery
- Minimally-Invasive/ Arthroscopic Joint Surgery
- Onsite Physical Therapy Programs
- Shoulder Repair Treatments
- Knee Arthroscopic Surgery
- Biceps Tendon Surgery
- Shoulder Arthroscopy