Orthopedic Specialist Q&A
Orthopedic specialists focus on the musculoskeletal system, as well as working on the diagnosis, prevention, rehabilitation, and treatment of the musculoskeletal system diseases. Contact us today or schedule your appointment online. We have convenient locations for you in Gallatin, TN and Nashville, TN.
Table of Contents:
Orthopedic specialists focus on the rehabilitation, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases in the joints, bones, muscles, tissue, nerves, and tendons to restore normal function. They treat all age groups, but originally orthopedics was dedicated to children with limb and spine deformities. They can treat conditions and diseases such as fractures and dislocations, torn ligaments, sprains and strains and bursitis, tendon issues, and pulled muscles. Although Orthopedics engages in a broad spectrum of practice and a few concentrate on a narrower area.
Orthopedic conditions are injuries and diseases that affect the musculoskeletal system these can include:
– Bursitis is inflammation or irritation of the bursa (fluid sacs in the joint that cushion the ligament)
– Orthopedic autoimmune diseases occur when the immune system starts attacking healthy cells including rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and scleroderma.
– A pinched nerve is when a spinal nerve root becomes compressed or irritated.
– Tendonitis inflammation or irritation of the tendon can be caused by overuse.
– Some of the symptoms of orthopedic conditions may include fatigue, joint pain, deformities, muscle spasms, stiffness with lack of motion, numbness, tingling, swelling, or warmth your range of motion may be impacted by these conditions.
– Chronic and acute trauma are the main causes for many, whether it has happened over time or if they are degenerative causes behind them.
– Your risk factor for these conditions can be from the following aging, obesity, chronic diseases, playing sports, smoking, or repetitive motion daily. Slowing the process down can help by changing the risk factors, learning correct posture, maintaining a healthy weight, strengthening the bones with vitamins such as vitamin d and calcium, and wearing protective gear.
– These qualified doctors focus on the diagnosis of a patient’s affected musculoskeletal system which is made up of their muscles, joints, ligaments, nerves, tendons, and other connective tissues. If there is significant damage to any of these structures, or even the tissues, there can be chronic orthopedic injuries or disease that may need to be worked with.
Most commonly orthopedic specialists are seen when you start to notice joint, muscle, or bone pain. Some of the signs of concern are experiencing pain, stiffness, or discomfort when performing everyday activities, chronic pain lasting longer than 12 weeks, a decrease in motion, feeling unstable when walking, you have had a soft tissue injury, and not noticing any improvement within 48 hours. If you have had a diagnosis of osteoarthritis, hip or knee pain that doesn’t go away, neck or back pain, or pinched nerve are more conditions you would want to see an orthopedic specialist. Seeing an orthopedic specialist can help you improve your range of motion making it easier to perform everyday tasks, they can treat and prevent injuries. They can offer both surgical and non-surgical options.
Treating and diagnosing injuries and illnesses in the musculoskeletal system is the main responsibility of an orthopedic doctor, their goal is to repair and preserve bones, joints, ligaments, and skeletons. They take a patient’s history using special equipment to determine the extent of the injury or fraction, and once they determine that they source the best form of treatment. They check patients’ blood for degenerative bone disorders, and surgically repair bones, ligaments, tendons, and joints to help the healing process. They strengthen the body with exercise or ultrasounds and strength training. Prescribe medications, arrange rehabilitation programs after surgery, then assign nurses and other medical staff for treatment and recovery plans. Most importantly they remain up to date by attending medical conferences and courses.
Contact our clinic today to schedule an appointment with one of our orthopaedic surgeons today. We serve patients from Gallatin TN, Nashville TN, Portland TN, Bethpage TN, and Lavergne TN.
Additional Services You May Like
- Outpatient Knee Replacement Therapy
- Shoulder Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair Surgery
- Labral/Ligament Repairs
- Computer Navigated Knee Repair Surgery
- Minimally-Invasive/ Arthroscopic Joint Surgery
- Onsite Physical Therapy Programs
- Shoulder Repair Treatments
- Knee Arthroscopic Surgery
- Biceps Tendon Surgery
- Shoulder Arthroscopy